Ever noticed that Lean is very similar to Weight Watchers?
Both promise the moon, have a cult-like following – and both fail to deliver sustainable results in most cases. Did you know “repeat customers” are a mainstay of the Weight Watchers’ strategy? The Lean approach is not much different.
Other popular fad diets to compare:
AGILE = VEGAN
LEAN SIX SIGMA = PALEO
SIX SIGMA = KETO
Further notable commonalities:
– all may have a positive impact because they encourage to analyze what’s on your plate;
– in most cases, a lot of related businesses spring up around them, creating waves of new “gurus” who attempt to create barriers to entry and boost their fees;
– negative results and harmful side effects become common when artificial products “specially formulated” to accelerate the process are introduced;
– split opinions among professionals;
– all promise – but none guarantees sustainable results.
Your personal and business performance improves when you set a meaningful goal, create a realistic plan and then follow the plan conscientiously. Just hiring a certified nutritionist or buying a gym membership will not bring noticeable results until you have committed to change.